Looking for a job abroad can be tough, especially during a pandemic. Travel delays, quarantines, and closed borders are not something we would have factored into teaching overseas before 2019. That’s why Oxford Seminars’ Job Placement Advisors are working hard to provide helpful advice and connect our teachers with trustworthy contacts overseas. We have many options available during this time; including positions in Asia, Latin America, Europe, and in The Middle East. Whether our contacts can provide positions now, or at the end of the year, we are here to give advice and help you to find positions that cater to your needs. We also have exciting online teaching opportunities for bachelor degree holders, which allows people to teach from the comfort of their own homes.
If you are interested in teaching in Asia in 2021, one of our main contacts in China is offering a number of additional benefits to help teachers start a new job this year. We are working with a well-regarded chain language school in China that is offering to cover quarantine costs for their new hires this year. In addition to the standard package (see below), this language school with branches across China is paying for upfront flights (select cities), all visa related costs, quarantine costs and COVID-19 tests.
TEACHING PACKAGES IN CHINA ARE UP TO $2,300 PER MONTH INCLUDING:
- Competitive local salary of $2,000 to $2,300 (monthly)
- Performance bonus after 6 months of up to $340 (monthly)
- Flight allowance
- Legal Z work visa
- Health insurance
- 21 days of paid holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel for your first two weeks
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Sponsored accreditations (if your Oxford Seminars certificate is less than 120 hours in length)
- Social and cultural events
- Job rotation scheme
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A 120+ hour TEFL Certification (if you don’t have this, the school can sponsor one)
- A clear criminal background check
- Ability to live abroad for at least one year
- Passport holder from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand to meet legal visa regulations
If you are interested in applying for this position, or looking into other options, make sure to activate your Job Placement Service on our website once you have completed the in-class portion of our course. Our Job Placement Advisors are ready to connect you with the world and to help you begin your new adventure. We are available to answer any questions you may have about teaching ESL as we have all taught abroad before in different locations. We even have a Job Placement Advisor who taught in Taiwan during Covid, and you can see his story on our previous blog ‘ALEX’S ESL JOURNEY (THEN COVID-19 STRUCK)‘.
Leave a comment